PIERCINGS: DO THE FOLLOWING
- Only the touch new piercing as necessary to clean the healing wound. Wash your hands and nails thoroughly for at least 30 seconds with warm soapy water prior to touching your piercing site every time to avoid infection.
- Soak your piercing for 30 seconds 3 times daily for the first 2 weeks following the piercing, then 1-2 times daily for following 3 weeks.
- Be sure to soak the piercing before removal of crusts, as removing dried crusts can cause the wound to rip at the edges, promoting scarring and infection.
Safe, professional recommended piercing aftercare must include:
– Upholding daily hygiene.
– Maintaining good health habits.
– Avoiding additional trauma.
Recommended aftercare products:
– Store-bought saline solution.
– Hurts-Free antiseptic wash.
– Non-iodized sea salt + distilled water (1/8 tsp per 1 cup water).