TATTOOS: DO THE FOLLOWING
- Leave the tattoo bandaged for a minimum of 1 – 3 hour and no longer than 8 hours.
- Remove bandage under warm running water. If the bandage is stuck to the tattoo, gently remove it while under running water, therefore reducing the risk of damaging the tattoo
- Once bandage is removed, make sure your hands are clean, and using an unscented, anti-bacterial soap (Such as Dial™ ) , wash the tattoo off well with lukewarm soapy water.
- When done washing the tattoo, gently pat/dab it dry with fresh paper-towel and allow the tattoo to air-dry for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- On the second day, apply a fragrance free, daily moisturizing lotion (Such as Aveeno™ ) to the tattoo 2 – 3 times daily.
- Keep applying lotion for the continuing week, or until the tattoo is completely done peeling.
Somewhere between 3 and 6 days, the tattoo will start to flake off like tissue paper. Do not pick at or scratch (slap it, dont scratch it!). Let the skin peel naturally, You may notice small pieces of dry skin containing colour coming off while using the lotion or washing the tattoo. This is normal – it is just the top layer of dead skin coming off. Your tattoo is not disappearing.